Why buy Mohair Shooting Socks?
- Incredibly hard wearing and comfortable. Tried and thoroughly tested for years in all conditions, the combination of 70% mohair and 30% nylon has been proven to have unique characteristics of longevity and comfort.
- Great wicking properties – the mohair fibre draws moisture away from the skin, ensuring feet are kept as dry and warm as possible. This naturally technical fibre combines very well with the technical membranes found in all modern performance footwear and does not have the bulk of many wool shooting socks.
- Unlike wool, mohair is a hollow fibre and acts as a natural insulator. Mohair shooting socks will keep your feet warm when temperatures are cold and cool when temperatures are warm, making them the ideal socks for all Winter shooting as well as grouse shooting in August and stalking in September to October.
- Machine washable at 40ºC. The lustrous colours of the ‘diamond fibre’ (as mohair is known) will not fade.
- Naturally antibacterial – Unlike wool, which is a scaly fibre, the mohair fibres are long and smooth and do not allow bacteria to attach easily. This means that mohair shooting socks can be worn for considerably longer periods without smelling.
See our colourful range of Mohair Shooting Socks here.